Newbie -Heres my kit (8 pc mapex)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie -Heres my kit (8 pc mapex)

Post  keaton_86 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 am

Heya everyone, My name is Todd, heres my pride and joy. Its a double bass special edition mapex pro M that i bought last year, and then bought another bass drum ($1000, ouch) So yeah, here it is, i hope you enjoy it, oh, and i don't only play metal on it, i just like the set-up.

Here it is before the second kick drum was purchased

And here it is (sorry, crappy shots) with the other bass drum

keaton_86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie -Heres my kit (8 pc mapex)

Post  Mark [Admin] on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:30 am

HI Todd, nice tubs matey welcome to the forum. I dig that setup, looks killer.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  granstar on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:14 am

Nice kit there. Can i suggest to tilt your pies a little more if that is how you play them?
This will assist the stick to not stricking the edge of the cymbal directly straight on and resulting in damage to them.
Only an opinion but i would toss the pillows and introduce ported heads, but that's just me.
An excellent book on double kick exercises i can recomment ( for any drummer one or two kicks as it is helpful for co ordination of Hi hat) is Tiger Bill's "Double Drumming". Check it out on his web site.

Welcome to the drum forum Todd.

Retailers are going to hate me for that suggestion. Laughing
granstar

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/noideanz

Back to top Go down

Post  keaton_86 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Hey there. The toms are slightly angled towards me, but still reasonably flat. I've found that having it set-up like this is the most comfortable, and when drunken strangers try to play my kit they can't, because they keep hitting the rims.

Yeah, that website looks good, thanks man, so far I've just been using stick control, but for my feet.

keaton_86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DYNASONIC on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:38 am

keaton_86 wrote:Hey there. The toms are slightly angled towards me, but still reasonably flat. I've found that having it set-up like this is the most comfortable, and when drunken strangers try to play my kit they can't, because they keep hitting the rims.

Yeah, that website looks good, thanks man, so far I've just been using stick control, but for my feet.
Cool be proud great kit,hope you get to record it properly .

DYNASONIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keaton_86 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:13 am

granstar wrote:Nice kit there. Can i suggest to tilt your pies a little more if that is how you play them?
This will assist the stick to not stricking the edge of the cymbal directly straight on and resulting in damage to them.
Only an opinion but i would toss the pillows and introduce ported heads, but that's just me.
An excellent book on double kick exercises i can recomment ( for any drummer one or two kicks as it is helpful for co ordination of Hi hat) is Tiger Bill's "Double Drumming". Check it out on his web site.

Welcome to the drum forum Todd.

Retailers are going to hate me for that suggestion. Laughing

Sorry, i only just realised you meant cymbals. My drum lingo clearly inst down, heh. I've always played reasonably flat cymbals. I can strike the edge easily this way, and if i want to ride the crashes, i just move my arm up a little bit. I actually ordered two 6" chrome holz from the rockshop last week, just being a student makes it hard for me to actually get money to pay for these things. I've tried playing it without the pillows, but due to the bass's large depth (20") it is simply much too boomy.

keaton_86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top