Bill Stewart Rides

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bill Stewart Rides

Post  Gaz on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Anyone out there know of any K Custom Dry Complex Rides, medium thin or thin kicking around in NZ? They've been discontinued by Zildjian and replaced with the K Custom Dry Complex Ride II which doesn't sound anywhere near as delicious. They were a Bill Stewart sig model, or at least designed by/with him and Zildjian.

I've not played them personally, i've just heard them through Memphis DS, MyCymbal and through a couple of other samples floating around on the net. I'm not a hard core jazz player either but these cymbals are just music to my ears. From reading other comments on other forums around the world these cymbals seem to divide drummers, you either love them or hate them. From what I've heard, I love them.

I'm trying to lay my hands on one or at least get an audition in the flesh. If anyone has any experience, knowledge, stories or has one I'd love to hear about it.

G.

P.S. This is my first post so feel free to comment on my driving! Smile

G.
Gaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Stewart Rides

Post  Mark [Admin] on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:48 am

Hey Gaz, yeah played a few in the Aucks rockshop maybe one jumped out to me as a potential keeper but to be honest i've played
more bosphorus cymbals that sound better to me. I know they were getting rid of all the dry complex rides because not many people in NZ buy jazz style cymbals
Rockshop is more likely to move Z customs I think Very Happy
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  firetomysoul on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:51 pm

No No No No No *throws up at thought of z customs* No No No No No
firetomysoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaz on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Ha ha yeah the Rockshop can 'av em.....

The Bosphorus Masters and Masters Turk/Vintage are pretty close as are the Istanbul Agop SE Jazz.......but really I think I'm just going through a trashy phase and should be probably be looking more in the effects basket but these rides just sound so musical to my ears. I'll be adding them to my wish list of gear I'd like/want/need next to my own recording studio and another drum kit.

......speaking of kits, Mark, that GMS is a beauty! Good luck with the sale!
Gaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top