Paiste Formula 602 Seven Sound Set

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paiste Formula 602 Seven Sound Set

Post  Mark [Admin] on Tue May 20, 2008 2:32 am

Got one of these the other day, A paiste 602 with 'Seven sound set' in red ink on it. Seller neglected to tell me about the two cracks eminating from the bell hole. He had also 'cleaned' it with something abbrassive... Arrghgh! Anyway he did give me a partial refund so it didn't cost too much. After some research I found out that it is the number 7 in the set and a deep ride. Sounds very nice indeed being a medium weight. Heres some pics and a sound clip.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=VZ8N05U2AIAA

Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Formula 602

Post  Snipe on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:13 am

Don't blame you for being gutted. Evil or Very Mad Still a very desirable cymbal though, would you still have bought it had you kown its condition?
I love the 602 you sold me, I'm over the moon with it. I could not imagine me selling it. Very Happy Smile Cool Laughing cheers
Have you got any idea what crash would go with it? scratch I've never seen a 602 come up for sale, do you think an old 2002 would go? I'm not looking for volume, just nice, short, sharp sizzle. I'm quite fond of old Paiste's, just not to sure what to look for. confused
Thinking of selling the PST5 21" and get a nice crash, what do you think? Question

Snipe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Paiste Formula 602 Seven Sound Set

Post  Mark [Admin] on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi Rene, nich snag on the 15"s man! You'll soon have the whole set - I think any older paiste crash 505, 2002 or 602 would sit nicely with your set up but don't discount older A Zildjians as well - the 60's, 50's A crashes are thinner and have a slightly mellow sound due to their age.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snipe on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:17 am

Thanks for the comment about the hats. I'll get them on the weekend, really looking forward to them. I expected to bid against you and felt like stink. You helped me, so I didn't want to bid against you. It's a funny thing old Trade me, it's like a decease. I thought I didn't beleave my eyes when 15" 602's came up for auction. If the hats are anything as good as the ride, then I'm in heaven. I even had the wive's blessing Exclamation
Thanks also for your recommendations for a crash. 602 is probably out of the question, they are hard to find like rocking horse shi... I know there are some in the UK, but hell it's just too much dough.
After recovering from the hats, I'll look out for a crash, probably an old 2002. I like the old Paiste stuff.
By the way, did you see the brand new 602 hats on Ebay? They found some still in a box somewhere in a shop in Norway I think. Never played, just imagine that! They went for just a touch under $1000....(US$)!!
Cheers

Snipe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top