Some new kit pics for yall'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some new kit pics for yall'

Post  Bullfrog on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:58 am

Recently landed this baby from U S and A, Phenomenal sounding Kit. Fast, powerful punchy toms and a thunderous liver exploding(lol) bass drum make it a pleasure to play.

The kit itself is made out of birch, The toms are 6-ply at 6mm thick, while the bass drum is 7-ply at 7mm thick. The new standard short depth size on the toms creates enhanced attack, punchy sound, and quick response. And more it allows you to set up the rack toms in lower position. So, you can post them more freely. It's nice to be able to place them lower down where you can really get stuck into them while playing. The toms can be mounted from the cymbal stands/or there own individual stand instead of the bass drum being drilled to attach a tom mount. It means that the bass drum benefits by resonating with less disprution. And, the tom arms look and work brilliantly too.

All the bearing edges are cut to 45-degrees and are pretty sharp, while the wood in general is smooth and good quality. The shell hardware is absolutely stunning in its Antique black nickel finish, plus very heavy duty. Among the other interesting features are the Soundbridge Lugs that are quite unusual in this day and age. They go right from the batter side to the resonant side of each shell, only making contact with the shell at each end. The idea is to reduce stress on the shell and increase resonance.

The kit has some features that are found on the top-end Starclassic Series such as the Star Cast Tom Mounting system that reduces contact with the shells, again to increase resonance. This unique system offers total tom isolation and unhindered shell resonance without the adverse effect on tuning or complicated head changes found in less advanced suspension designs. The drum heads are held in place with the same zinc die-cast hoops also found on the Starclassic sets. These hoops not only make tuning easier and more consistent, they provide crisp attack, clear and resonant highs, and much more powerful rim shots.

No other drum kit i came across when deciding on what kit to purchase embodied the same pro level features at an affordable price like this kit did. 5 stars tama you've raised the bar again.

*.') All thinking men are atheists (`'.*

Last edited by Bullfrog on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 6 times in total
Bullfrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some new kit pics for yall'

Post  Mark [Admin] on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Nice! I like the shallow depth toms, i'm back to playing trad depth toms much
more responsive. Looks like a fun kit to play cheers
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullfrog on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:38 am

Mark [Admin] wrote:Nice! I like the shallow depth toms, i'm back to playing trad depth toms much
more responsive. Looks like a fun kit to play cheers

Yeah really enjoying it right now, pretty much my dream set-up as it sits i guess. Cant really fault anything on the kit now. The AAX cymbals are something else, and couldn't be happier with the Evo hats.
Bullfrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top