e-drum amp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

e-drum amp

Post  Taz on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:06 am

Hey guys,

Have been doing a bit of reading and searching but have found most of the recommended amps (from as far back and 2005 on the vdrums forum) are no longer in production or are unavailable in New Zealand.

I have been looking through trademe (NZ's equivalent of EBay) and have found a few I think might fit the bill but thought I would check and see what you guys would prefer out of the choices I have available.
Importing is not an option as shipping costs are just to huge for the value of the amp.

I can also get the usual Roland PM-03's and 10's but upon reading on here I have struck those off as options. There are also a few Behringer models available but I haven't found anything that has been mentioned in here in stock anywhere.

I will be using it just at home for myself and jamming with my brother and his friends so I don't need anything massive but from what I've read and looked at amps along the lines of the PM-03 are too small.

Chur!

BEHRINGER F1220A ACTIVE 125-WATT MONITOR SPEAKER SYSTEM WITH 12 INCHWOOFER, 1 INCH COMPRESSION DRIVER & FEEDBACK FILTER - Rockshop $399

BEHRINGER EUROLIVE F1320D ACTIVE 200W RMS 2-WAY FLOOR MONITOR SPEAKER WITH 12 INCH WOOFER & 1 INCH HORN - EA - Rockshp $549

Trademe auctions #615980065

617341458 - Leaning towards this one.

OK, I cannot post a link for 7 days, so you'll have to punch the auction numbers in sorry.

Taz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: e-drum amp

Post  Taz on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:40 am

Ended up with a Mackie Thump 15" from the Rockshop. Bit more than I was budgeting for but I don't think what I was willing to pay was realistic for what I wanted.
Have had a few odd looks from the neighbours already so I guess that's a sign it's doing what it should well enough? Laughing Twisted Evil 

Taz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark [Admin] on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:59 am

Hi Tazticles, I'm not too up on the play with E kits. I think any decent bass amp
with a 15" would suit?
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Taz on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 am

Can't remember why off the top of my head but bass amps are no good for e-kits. Half decent monitors or PA speakers are the way to go =)

Taz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top