New drumming podcast - Global Drum Network

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New drumming podcast - Global Drum Network

Post  Global Drum Network on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Greetings from Salisbury (UK ).

Whilst I've lived my whole life here in the uk, I have family in NZ and have visited many times. It's my plan to come and live there amongst you at the earliest opportunity ( assuming your government will have me! ), and I hope you'll accept me as an honourary Kiwi.Very Happy 

In the meantime, thanks for having me on your forum. I look forward to sharing and hopefully contributing to your community. In the meantime, I'd like to let you know about what we're doing at the Global drum Network:

Global Drum Network is a vibrant monthly Podcast, made by drummers for drummers, bringing together and uniting the worldwide community of drummers and percussionists wherever and whoever they are.

Our aim is to inspire our listeners by bringing them the very best in news, features, interviews, insights, advice, help and, uniquely, product demonstrations which can be heard. We record these in our own professional studios to enable independent, objective comparison between new products and our benchmark instruments. We believe this is a truly groundbreaking development, for the first time enabling listeners to hear the qualities of a new instrument for themselves and make an informed buying choice in a way which the written word alone cannot.

In addition to this we will be encouraging two-way communication with our listeners and enabling worldwide networking as we bring drummers and percussionists together to collaborate in discussions, projects and live events.

It's an established fact that the drum is officially the coolest instrument on the planet. We're extremely excited at the massive potential of the Global Drum Network, and welcome your input and participation as you join us on our journey. Whoever you are, wherever you are, come and help us beat out the Rhythm of Life with the Global Drum Network!

You can download, listen and subscribe to the podcast here:

http://globaldrumnetwork.buzzsprout.com or find us on iTunes.

For more details, please contact Bob Spry at Route 36:

Email: globaldrumnetwork@gmail.com

Web: www.route36.co.uk/globaldrumnetwork.html

You can also follow us on Twitter ( @GlobalDrumNet )
and 'like' us on Facebook ( Global Drum Network )

Episode 1 includes interviews with STEVE WHITE, PETE CATER and GEOFF DUGMORE, plus a feature on the ethereal instrument that is the HANG, and our tribute to late, great COZY POWELL.

Episode 2 has BOB HENRIT, CHERISSE OSEI, part 2 of the STEVE WHITE interview, and much more besides. Please have a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading.

Bob

Global Drum Network

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top