Ebay Retailers ripping off international buyers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ebay Retailers ripping off international buyers

Post  DYNASONIC on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:20 am

Evil or Very Mad BEWARE of music dealers selling on ebay ,some of them are now sending the items we buy to a seperate freight company ,who then add on 40 percent of the sale price as an 'Import Charge' which is listed below the shipping charges on the sites ,this will end the importation from those companies because of the 'extra costs' this is a con that is oblivious to ebay !!!! .

DYNASONIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebay Retailers ripping off international buyers

Post  paradd on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Just found one on a Carl Palmer snare! US47 to ship to NZ, US112 import charge on a $297 drum. The rotten buggers. Still, there is always Youshop to get around it.

paradd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DYNASONIC on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Evil or Very Mad but there is no import charge on goods under $400.00 into NZ ,so who gets the illegal charge money????? . youshop wont help the charges are preset at checkout.

DYNASONIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paradd on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Youshop goes to an American address first. The "import fee" does not show up in the shipping details for the US, they advertise shipping in US as standard USPS only. I hope Im not wrong.

paradd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew G on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Yeah, the global shipping program is a pain. They seem to be using a very conservative equation to come up with the customs charges. I believe they have done this in conjunction with NZ Customs. You'll notice that the charges only appear at a certain value. I've had to pass on some drums that I would normally have no problem getting through customs without extra charges:( 
The other annoying thing is the shipping charge which is advertised in the auction details might be $70 but when you hit the BIN or win the auction the shipping goes up to $100 for example. This extra amount is what the seller charges to ship the item to the global shipping hub. For some reason that figure is not shown until after you hit the BIN.

Paradd - have you used Youshop? I couldn't work out how to add the address to my Paypal account as sellers will only ship to the address on that account

Andrew G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paradd on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:34 am

hi Andrew, I found the following on Dr Google so am not sure if it correct? I have only used Youshop with ebay which allows multiple addresses in your account. Cheeers, Alan.

We often get requests from our customers to ship items to addresses that are different from the ones stored in their PayPal account.
Actually, PayPal allows you to store multiple shipping addresses. Simply click on the change shipping address link when you check out, you can specify the different shipping addresses there while keeping your Primary Shipping Address unchanged.
There are many advantages doing it this way. One is that this is more secure than specifying the address via other means. With Internet fraud occuring so often, anything that can help on security is good. The second reason for PacificDVDs specifically is automation. We use a highly automated system for order processing. With the shipping address specified in PayPal, the moment you click on the pay button, the order automatically gets transmitted to one of our warehouses closest to you, based on the ZIP code. There is no manual processing step at all. This way, you can get your item much faster :-).

paradd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew G on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 pm

thanks Alan. I went back to have a look at the problem I was having adding the address to Paypal. I had got the US shipping address entered but it won't let me change the country from NZ to USA. It seems I'd need a US credit card. Still, I'll try using the alternative address on ebay one of these days and see how it goes.

Andrew G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top