Premier Royal Ace

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Premier Royal Ace

Post  paradd on Sat May 17, 2014 1:11 am

Can anyone advise on the chance of finding the internal and external working mechanism and levers (and snares) for one of these. I have a shell that has been converted to Hi Fi strainer and butt, but would convert back to the original Royal Ace if I could. Probably on a long shot to a hiding but it is worth asking. Cheeeers, AJ

paradd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier Royal Ace

Post  peterbrittenden on Sun May 18, 2014 6:28 pm

I can probably help. Contact me at brittenden@paradise.net.nz.

cheers

Peter
peterbrittenden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  grunta57 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:35 am

try Nick Hopkin Drums in Wales ...he is bound to have some. Bruce King has whispered to me that because these mechanisms are not easy to find parts for and they can be troublesome (no adjustment is available on the height control) , it is usually better to go with a more conventional type of snare system ...I can tell you if you want to hang it on a wall and parade it thats ok but if you want to play it and are fussy keep the present arrangement

grunta57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paradd on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:29 am

Hi, Thanks for that. I managed to get a mechanism from Peter and found another one that someone had put on an alloy shell (brand unknown). I couldn't figure it out but Bruce (where would we be without Bruce) reassembled it on the correct Premier shell that I had bought painted canary yellow (now wrapped in black oyster pearl). It sounds really good so not just for show. Cheeers, Alan

paradd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  grunta57 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:38 am

Hi Alan well done - I think the Royal Acrs were probably easier to tame than the crude Super Aces. I know on the 2000 there are adjustment screws which help. My 2000 is Chrome Aluminium so no need to adjust from factory settings ... But I have a wooden one I'm setting up soon that will need tuning.. I'm told the screws are vulnerable to breakage .... Next hurdle .. Keep in touch Grant

grunta57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top