1967 Pearl Nbr.52 Jet Restoration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1967 Pearl Nbr.52 Jet Restoration

Post  CracklePot on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:09 am

Hi all,

I've picked up, what I believe to be, a set of 1967 Pearl Jet drums in a slightly yellowed white pearl finish.

The wrap on the floor tom has cracked and peeled off between two lugs...is missing a patch too.  Can anyone offer advice on the best type of glue to use and where I could possibly get more of this sort of wrap (only need a small strip, I'm thinking).

I'm also after one lug for the snare drum (differs for floor tom lugs) if anyone knows who might have any of these?

Many thanks
Glen

CracklePot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1967 Pearl Nbr.52 Jet Restoration

Post  paradd on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Terry who goes under the name of drumbum is the master or these 60s kits, you could try and send a message to him. I get my wrap from precisiondrum in the US although with freight it will be expensive to bring in small amounts. I use Ados Greenstik which is water based and does an excellent job. A good technique is to ensure the seams sit under the lugs. Cheeers, AJ

paradd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracklePot on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks AJ. Can you use ADOS solvent based glues too? Or is it much safer to use a water-based glue?

CracklePot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paradd on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Precision recommend a 3M product that I think is solvent based. I have only used the Greenstik and it sticks like the proverbial to a blanket. I am sure there are other opinions out there.

paradd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  drumbum on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:08 pm

Might be able to help with some aged marine pearl wrap and a lug casing. Out of town at the mo but drop me a note. terrencebyrne@hotmail.com
As an aside chaps, just picked up an old Star jazz sized kit in very near mint and complete condition right down to the retracting cymbal holder. Looking forward to getting it home, giving it a once over and popping new heads on it. Then annoying the neighbors,Ha.

drumbum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracklePot on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:31 am

THAT'S a good find! What colour/finish? Thanks for the contact details too, will email you later today. Cheers

CracklePot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top