Ufips? Any one own one

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ufips? Any one own one

Post  Mark [Admin] on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Any experience of these? I wacked a few at music planet on queen and they sounded like serious players.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ufips? Any one own one

Post  John on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:02 am

Yeah, gorgeous cymbals. Dylan Elise endorses'em, plays a full set ranging from paper thin crashes to a rock crash, couple of sets of hats, all manner of splashes and mini-chinas. Real rich, complex sounding but still cutting and bright.

John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re. UFIP

Post  gingadrummer on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:42 pm

Just bought UFIP Class 15 medium hats and 19 Class light. Absolute beatuies, especeally the 15s. good price too at only 540 new, and just as good, in my op, as Zildjians which are more around the 700 mark. Definatley chech them out, they will blow you away, so versatile. I play my 15s in small format jazz with my 19 with a chain and a 22 Zildjian K Cust High Def, absoulutley perfect, even though they look a bit massive
gingadrummer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark [Admin] on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:10 am

Yeah the Ufip's I played sounded good but my only reservation was the weights of the rides which were all a tad heavy for my tastes. Only 1 22" ride out of about 8 was under 3000 grams so great for rock but probably on the heavy side for jazz. I was lucky enough to have a visit from Tony of Bosphorus NZ who brought along a bunch of nice cymbals for me to try, hands down the best cymbals I have ever heard in my life.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  firetomysoul on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:30 am

jealous much
firetomysoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gingadrummer on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Yea, I thought the same bout the rides to, thats why i got the high def. My parents are going to istanbul in sept, so they hopefully are going to bosphorus factory, might pick me up a new pie or 2, just depends on prices. They are def the best for jazz i have heard
gingadrummer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  firetomysoul on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:39 am

my mate used to use HH sabians then he moved to aus and bought a load of bosphorus metals and says that nothing beats them
firetomysoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShamRock on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:05 am

I picked up a cheap Ufip ride off trademe not so long ago, had heard good things about Ufip before, so why not get one.
This ones s a 20" class ride, its 1850 grams and much thinner than any other ride I have . Its a way cool crash ride , works nicely with a pair of preserial 602 14s I have. Use it for bluesy stuff ..cool sounding bell too

ShamRock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum