buying cymbals off trademe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

buying cymbals off trademe

Post  Mark [Admin] on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:21 am

Well, i'm thinking that my days of buying cymbals off trademe are all but over - i've had 3 cymbals arrive that have been described as good condition with centre hole or edge cracks. The latest a 8" splash which has a bunch - got this response from the seller 'hmm was in perfect condition when I sent it' YES! it must have devolped several small cracks around the bell during postage! Another sellers response 'well, the ad didn't say perfect condition...' Sorry for the rant but man! why not just say 'it has cracks'?
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: buying cymbals off trademe

Post  mty on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:32 am

mate that sucks - sellers should state any obvious faults with the cymbal in their description. Maybe some are just too oblivious to know what a good condition cymbal entails - otherwise just down right deceitful

mty

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/selonrecliner

Back to top Go down

Post  seayouentea on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:12 am

I bought an 8" k splash of trademe which the ad did describe it had no cracks. The seller ended up refunding me a portion of the purchase price after i found several tiny cracks around the bell hole and argued a valid point. I think buying heavy-duty cymbals such as hats and rides is ok off trademe, but more fragile cymbals i would definatly avoid trademe like the plague

seayouentea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark [Admin] on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:51 am

Yeah, splashes are nearly always cracked at the bell hole - it's the first place I look on any new purchase. I still got neutral feedback from the guy I brought my splash off because he never refunded the money for postage on both the way too me and back again. It cost me $12.50 to find out he can't list his cymbasls properly.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D.n.r on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:51 pm

I know no one has posted on this topic in a while but heres my story.

I brought a couple cymbals off trade me (a zildjian and a paiste) and the seller was in Taupo and i am in Gisborne which is quite the long drive, i was going to rotorua that weekend so i thought i would go through taupo and pick the cymbals up. the seller described them in 'great condition' wth no cracks or anything but when i got to his house i find there is about 5 cracks in the bell of the zildjian and it looked in very poor condition anyway. Doesnt that piss you off? you go all that way just to find theres cracks in the cymbal? Some people alright. But i ended up with a Pst5 crash for 70 bux which was in great condition so i guess it turned out alright haha
D.n.r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top