ultra adjust equipment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ultra adjust equipment

Post  DYNASONIC on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:55 am

Question has anyone an opinion or has tried out the Gibraltar ultra adjust hardware, are they good/or not ..are the high hat stands/snare stands etc worth trying ??

DYNASONIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ultra adjust equipment

Post  Mark [Admin] on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:06 am

Not sure, i've not heard of it before I think the more things on a piece of equipment to play with the more confusing and fussy it becomes. I traded my DW double pedal in and brought an Axis double it came with a whole bunch of allen keys for all the different adjustments i've been too scared to touch it so have just adjusted the tension and nothing else ha ha. The DW had spring adjustment and that was pretty much it.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brennan on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:46 am

Mark how are the axis pedals????
Im gettin my second bass drum in 4 weeks so im searchin far and wide for the best pedals
Brennan

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/septicideband

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark [Admin] on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 pm

they are really good, nice action - theres, a slide cam adjustment and the sprint adjustment which you can mess around with to get them feeling pretty good. I recommend getting the toestops on them though.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

Back to top Go down

gibraltar hardware

Post  DYNASONIC on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Mark [Admin] wrote:Not sure, i've not heard of it before I think the more things on a piece of equipment to play with the more confusing and fussy it becomes. I traded my DW double pedal in and brought an Axis double it came with a whole bunch of allen keys for all the different adjustments i've been too scared to touch it so have just adjusted the tension and nothing else ha ha. The DW had spring adjustment and that was pretty much it.
the new range of stands (high hat ,snare ,cymbal,and add ons) from gibraltar called the 'Ultra Adjust' allows multi variable positioning ,i wanted to know from anyone who is using them what there impressions were.

DYNASONIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gibraltar Ultra Adjust

Post  Bonham on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:51 am

I have a Ultra Adjust Hi Hat & don't like the feel of it as it does'nt run as smooth as straight hi hats. I scored it for a 9pc Mahogany Imperialstar Im doin a major on, used it with a single bass set & got my old Tama one back into gear & have'nt used the ultra since. If you straighten it out it runs fine but obviously way too high, when you adjust it down with a kink it puts load on the cable which you feel on your foot along with a slight delay . Im gona hang on to it until I get the 2x bass together & give it another crack then. To sum it up the over all hardware is very well made, solid with a great finish I think the idea is brilliant but wish it ran smoother. Cheers

Bonham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DYNASONIC on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:08 am

Oz Bonham wrote:I have a Ultra Adjust Hi Hat & don't like the feel of it as it does'nt run as smooth as straight hi hats. I scored it for a 9pc Mahogany Imperialstar Im doin a major on, used it with a single bass set & got my old Tama one back into gear & have'nt used the ultra since. If you straighten it out it runs fine but obviously way too high, when you adjust it down with a kink it puts load on the cable which you feel on your foot along with a slight delay . Im gona hang on to it until I get the 2x bass together & give it another crack then. To sum it up the over all hardware is very well made, solid with a great finish I think the idea is brilliant but wish it ran smoother. Cheers
cool thanks man,i suspected this but havent had the chance to try it out, i currently using a D W cable/remote high hat at present and am not entirely happy with it.

DYNASONIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark [Admin] on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 pm

If you end up selling your DW remote give me a yell.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top