Old A Zildjians, A Custom, Paiste

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old A Zildjians, A Custom, Paiste

Post  John on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:08 am

Got a hoard of gear I need to get rid of so I can afford to up and move to the big smoke. Not sure of dates on the old A's, though with a few pictures I think Admin could help me there...Judging from research on Cymbalholic I'd put them at 1960s.

I've got a couple of 18"s - both around medium weight, one drilled for six rivets. Also got a 20" with some edge wobble and big golf-ball hammering. Looks funky, and sounds delightfully lush, warm and dark. None have logos, stamps still clear. Keyholing on the 20" and the riveted 18", though it's not in the danger-zone just yet. A little wear and a good helping of patina on them, though no signs of cracking or chipping. I will get pictures (and hopefully weights) up soon. Open to offers for these.

17" A Custom Crash - almost new, you get the deal. Industry standard. Retail for $400 odd, so I'm keen to let her go for around 300.

This one I'm a little reluctant; but will part with her for a suitable offer...
20" Paiste Signature Rough Ride... Those in the know will understand the status of this cymbal; rather rare. Probably the only of the Signature line to have a darker persuasion to the sound; seemingly evading the silvery-bright undertone that all of the other models have. This is a jazz or fusion pie, responds nicely to an edge thwack and the bell is integrated but slightly zingy. These are rarely on the market 'cause owners of this pie HOLD ONTO THEM. I have no idea of an asking price, so I'm open to serious offers for this pie too.

Mitello Drum throne - sturdy as, height adjustable etc....$50

Probably got some other stuff I'm willing to part with. Ask and ye may receive...

-John

John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old A Zildjians, A Custom, Paiste

Post  mty on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:37 pm

hi john - what are you looking for for either of the 2 18" A's? thx michael

mty

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/selonrecliner

Back to top Go down

Post  John on Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:58 am

Just had another measure, thought they looked a little odd....One's a 17" and the other is an 18" - a little thicker than the 17" too. Maybe a crash-ride? . Here's a couple of pics:

the 17" :

the 18" :

As you can see there's all manner of patina and filth on these suckers; but I thought better of cleaning them just in case, I know this kinda' dirt is the good kind for some, so I left it on.

Not sure how much I'm after, but then again I've no clue of the current market on old A's. Plus the 18" is a bit keyholed....What are you willing to offer?

-John

John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mty on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:56 pm

hey cheers for that John - i'm not sure i should be buying any more cymbals given what I just purchased lately but the 17" looks nice. I could only offer $100 but you might get a better price on Trademe. cheers M

mty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark [Admin] on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:05 am

Hey John, that 20" you sold me... now that had patina! I cleaned it a little and the word 'medium; in black ink was revealled.
Mark [Admin]
Admin

View user profile http://nzdrumforum.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:39 am

HA!

Stoked to hear you took a little care to that cymbal that I didn't have the time or consideration to give...How's she treating you?

M, since I'm such a nice guy (muahaha...) the 17" is yours for $100. let me know if you're keen.

John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mty on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:07 am

hey john - yep i'm keen mate - thx for that!! Email me michael.teyoung@gmail.com and i can fix you up. cheers for that. M

mty

Back to top Go down

Post  MitchD on Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi there, firstly, great to stumble onto a kiwi drumming forum while looking up old drums on the web!

Is the 18" A still available? As long as there are no cracks showing up in the keyholing or rivet holes I can offer $80 for it. Cheers.

MitchD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top